Apply for Aid
Complete the FAFSA
Students must apply each year for financial aid. There are two ways of submitting the information:
- Electronically with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.
- By Mail with the paper FAFSA.
Generally, the electronic version takes five to seven days while the paper application takes three to four weeks to process. When filing the electronic version, processing can be expedited by signing your FAFSA electronically with a Federal Student Aid PIN. If you do not have a PIN, you can apply for one at www.pin.ed.gov. Regardless of the method of application, students will need Cecil College's Federal School Code which enables the processed application to be routed to the college. Our school code is: 008308. Once the application is completed students will receive a Student Aid Report from the U.S. Department of Education that summarizes the FAFSA information and lists the student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
To ensure comprehensive consideration for all types of aid, follow these basic guidelines:
- Apply early to be considered for all types: federal, state, and college aid.
- Know the deadline: March 1st is the priority deadline for most Maryland State Scholarships and April 30th is the deadline for Cecil College Foundation Scholarships.
- Provide all documents promptly that are requested by the Financial Aid Office.
Ask questions. You may schedule an appointment with a financial aid advisor by calling 410-287-1003.