How to Apply - Transfer Student
Congratulations on transferring your education to Cecil College!
Students transferring from other colleges follow the standard Cecil College admissions steps described below. Questions? Contact us! email@example.com
- Complete the Admissions Application and Visit the Admissions Office
- Apply online today! Paper applications are available in the Schedule of Classes and at the North East Campus and Elkton Station.
- Meet with an Admissions Representative in the Admissions Office, North East Campus, Building A, Room A201. Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is required for all financial aid disbursed by Cecil College.
- Apply for Cecil Foundation scholarships.
- Submit Test Scores and Transcripts
- Have official test scores (SAT, AP, ACT) and transcripts from any college attended sent to Cecil College, Records and Registration, One Seahawk Drive., North East, MD 21901.
- The sending institution must be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency of the United States Department of Education.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript for the meeting with your advisor.
- Skills Assessments
Meet with an Advisor
- Skills assessment waivers may be granted. Click here to view exemption information.
- If needed, complete the math, reading and writing assessments on the North East Campus, Engineering and Math Building, Room 310.
- Bring your Social Security number and Photo ID.
- Each skills assessment takes approximately 45 minutes. Please allow yourself 2-3 hours to complete all 3 subject assessments if necessary.
Register for Classes
- Come to the advising center to meet with an advisor for degree planning, academic support, and transfer information. Your assigned advisor is identified in your acceptance letter; however, any advisor can assist you. Walk-in's only; No appointments necessary.
- Bring an unofficial transcript to the meeting with your advisor.
Make Payment Arrangements
- Register for classes at MyCecil or on-site at the North East campus or Elkton Station.
Attend Student Orientation
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Click here to get more information about tuition, fees, and payment options.
- Meet other new students, receive vital information, and connect with the Cecil community!