How to Apply - Transfer Student
Congratulations on transferring your education to Cecil College! We welcome you to our college community! Students transferring from other colleges follow the standard Cecil College admissions steps, described below. Questions? Contact us!
- Complete the Admissions Application and Visit the Admissions Office
- Apply online today! Paper applications are available in the Schedule of Classes and at the North East Campus and Elkton Station.
- Meet with an Admissions Representative in the Admissions Office, North East Campus, Building A, Room A201. Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is required for all financial aid disbursed by Cecil College.
- Apply for Cecil Foundation scholarships.
- Submit Test Scores and Transcripts
- Have official test scores (SAT, AP, ACT) and transcripts from any college attended sent to Cecil College, Records and Registration, One Seahawk Drive., North East, MD 21901.
- The sending institution must be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency of the United States Department of Education.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript for the meeting with your advisor.
- Skills Assessments
- Skills assessment waivers may be granted. Click here to view exemption information.
- If needed, complete the math, reading and writing assessments on the North East Campus, Technology Center, Room 218.
- Bring your Social Security number.
- Skills assessments take approximately 1-3 hours, based on the assessments you must take.
- Meet with an Advisor
- Make an appointment with an advisor for degree planning, academic support, and transfer information. Your assigned advisor is identified in your acceptance letter; however, any advisor can assist you.
- Bring an unofficial transcript to the meeting with your advisor.
- Register for Classes
- Register for classes at MyCecil or on-site at the North East campus or Elkton Station.
- Make Payment Arrangements
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Click here to get more information about tuition, fees, and payment options.
- Attend Student Orientation
- Meet other new students, receive vital information, and connect with the Cecil community!