Guidelines for Tuition Waiver for Students with Disabilities
General Information for Non-Credit Students
Policy for Tuition Waiver for Students with Disabilities
Maryland Law allows a Maryland resident who is disabled or retired because of disability to enroll in any community college in the State without tuition payment as long as they meet the Social Security standard of disability for retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration. Please note that individuals receiving SSI or SSDI benefits as a dependent or survivor of a disabled beneficiary do not quality for this waiver.
The tuition waiver applies to workforce development non-credit courses with a class that has at least 10 regularly enrolled students.
- Review the list of approved courses.
- Complete the “Waiver of Tuition” form in conjunction with the agency who has certified your disability.
- Bring the signed form to the Elkton Station Registration Desk (107 Railroad Avenue, Elkton, MD 21921).
- The College will verify the course eligibility (approved course with at least 10 regularly enrolled students).
- If eligible, registration will be completed upon payment of all course fees.
Continuing Education Courses Eligible for This Tuition Waiver
The tuition waiver is for courses that lead to employment, including life skills instruction. Click here for the specific list of non-credit courses currently eligible at Cecil College. Note: tuition is waived for classes with at least 10 regularly enrolled students. Course fees are the responsibility of the student.