Online Services for Students
Beginning with the initial admissions process, Cecil College has numerous online services to aid you throughout your time here. As long as you have an Internet connection, you are able to connect with advising, visit our online bookstore, and take advantage of the many functions offered by Career and Job Placement Services.
Request disability support services, apply for financial aid, and visit the library. MyCecil provides access to a wide array of resources and features a handy mobile version. You can also get help from the Online Writing Lab, learn about student life and athletics, pick up some study strategies, request technical support, and access technology resources.
As you begin to think about where to continue your education after Cecil, we offer a number of online transfer services, including information on the many partnerships we have with four-year institutions. If you are a veteran, be sure to check out the links for veterans affairs.
All new students start in Admissions.
North East Campus, Bldg. A, Room A201
Chat with an Admissions representative
|Want more info?
|Visit our campus
||Schedule a campus tour|
|Your next step?
- Chat with one of our advisors to get your questions answered instantaneously.
Mondays & Thursdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Fridays 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Email your advisor at any time during the semester when you have questions or need guidance regarding next steps.
Email Your Advisor:
- Visit the Barnes & Noble online bookstore to purchase, rent, or download textbooks. Also shop for apparel, school supplies, electronics, and Cecil College gifts and accessories.
Career Services and Job Placement
- Access Cecil College’s Career Planning System to learn more about selecting majors, exploring educational and career opportunities, and transitioning to baccalaureate level institutions for continued study.
- Search for jobs and post resumes at College Central Network (available for students and alumni).
- To learn more about career and job placement services, contact Andrew Coston, Director of Career Services, at email@example.com.
Disability Support Services
- Contact Rebecca Larson, the ADA and Special Services Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request accommodations for a documented disability.
- Apply for financial aid beginning in January to be considered for all types of aid. March 1st is the priority deadline for most Maryland state scholarships, and April 30th is the deadline for Cecil College’s Foundation Scholarships.
- Check the status of financial aid by logging on to MyCecil and clicking on the Finance tab.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have additional questions.
- Use the online catalog to locate books, DVDs, and CDs. Ebrary (electronic library) contains a full complement of online books available for online learners.
- Log on to the library page in MyCecil for databases containing online journals, magazines, and articles.
Email a Librarian
Text a Librarian
(Standard text message rates apply)
MyCecil ~ A secure web environment providing 24/7 access to campus resources
- Log on to MyCecil for the following campus resources:
- Course Schedules
- Faculty Information
- Unofficial Transcripts
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Post a question or paper for review at the Online Writing Lab (OWL). The response time for feedback is 24-48 hours. Links to various online resources, such as citations, ESL study guides, dictionaries, and thesauruses, can be found through our Library’s Best of the Web page.
Student Life and Athletics
- Log into the MyCecil, under the Cecil Life tab, to learn about student activities, clubs, and athletics. View the student events calendar, athletic schedules and forms, and information on how to get involved.
- For more information about student clubs or events, please contact email@example.com. To learn more about playing sports at Cecil, please contact Alicia Rachinskas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the Help Desk for technical support.
|Mondays through Friday
||8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
||8 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
- Access software from any location using your MyCecil account. Cecil College’s Virtual Applications Server (powered by Citrix) allows online students to have access to the following software:
- Logger Pro
- Microsoft Office
- SimBio Virtual Labs
- SolidWorks 2010
- Being a Cecil student grants user access to technology resource discounts on select hardware and software.
- Visit the ARTSYS Website to obtain information about the transferability of Cecil College’s courses to Maryland institutions.
- View the current list of four-year transfer partners on the College’s Website and also on MyCecil by clicking on the Advising and Career Services Tab.
- To learn more about online transfer opportunities, contact Carlos Lampkin, Transfer Advisor, at email@example.com.