Degree Code: CYCT
Number of Credits: 28
The Cyber Security Certificate provides students with the skills, knowledge and credentials to successfully begin a career in the field of Cyber Security. Cyber Security specialists apply computer security techniques to work with industry, government, and academia to solve computer networking and security related challenges.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|CSC 104||Computer Science Fundamentals||3|
|CSC 110||Ethics in Information Technology||3|
|CSC 140||Introduction to Networking 1||3|
|CSC 141||Computer Network Security Fundamentals 1||3|
|CSC 156||Windows Server 1||3|
|CSC 151||Introduction to Computer Forensics and Investigations 1||3|
|CSC 225||Tactical Perimeter Defense 1||3|
|CSC 235||Strategic Infrastructure Security 1||3|
|CSC 266||Cisco Certified Network Associate I 3 [I]||4|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in a programming language.
- Configure and secure Windows and Unix/Linux server and clients, routers, firewalls, email, networks, and other network security appliances and software.
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking standards, protocols, and the OSI model.
- Identify and describe security measures for different types of network attacks, operating systems, software, databases, websites, social engineering and physical security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer forensics, data acquisition, analysis, tools, and crime scene investigation and documentation requirements for corporate or legal testimony.
- Explain the function of cryptography and encryption to secure data, public key infrastructure, hashing, and digital signatures along with other data protection techniques.
- Create an effective security policy and disaster recovery plan, addressing business requirements related to confidentiality, integrity and availability.
1 Certification option courses.