Degree Code: ESMC
Number of Credits: 17
This certificate focuses on business concepts and issues in the operation of equine enterprises. It is designed for those students who may not be interested in obtaining a degree, or who may wish to set a more-attainable goal while completing a defined course of study that provides a broad-based perspective of the Equine industry.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|BUS 103||Introduction to Business||3|
|EQS 139||Basic Horse Handling||2|
EQS 142 or
EQS 145 or
Introduction to Equine Care and Maintenance or
Equine Health Maintenance or
Equine Anatomy and Physiology
|EQS 241||Equine Facilities Management||3|
|EQS 243||Business Management in the Horse Industry||3|
|SPN 101||Introductory Spanish I
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence, certainty, and self-assurance when working with horses.
- Apply safe basic care and maintenance techniques, in working with horses and the selection of horses .
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of business systems, management, human resources and marketing.
- Apply equine facilities management techniques for stable design, proper hay and grain storage, pasture and turn out options, and indoor/outdoor riding rings.
- Apply skills learned regarding communication, regulation, staff management, and sales and service in running an equine business.