Degree Code: CCPR
Number of Credits: 29
This certificate develops skills in programming and various languages as well as providing basic courses in operating systems, Web programming, business systems, networking and data communications.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|CSC 103||Operating Systems I||3|
|CSC 104||Computer Science Fundamentals||3|
|CSC 109||Introduction to Programming||3|
|CSC 140||Introduction to Networking||3|
|CSC 160||Introduction to Data Communications||3|
|CSC 201||Business Systems Analysis and Design||4|
CSC 203 or
|Seminar in Information Systems||1|
|CSC||Computer Science Electives (any CSC course)||6|
|VCP 144||Web Design I - Design Fundamentals||3|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Understand basic networking theory, network design, maintenance, security and troubleshooting.
- Set up network resources through multiple versions of software.
- Understand basic data communications technology.
- Analyze and develop programs using object oriented programming and design.
- Understand legal and ethical issues associated with computing.