Degree Code: CDMC
Number of Credits: 25
The web design and multimedia certificate provides high quality, hands-on, creative and technical skills for applying principles of web design using HTML, scripting languages, web management tools and digital multimedia. The program helps students prepare for initial employment and career advancement. Students are also prepared to test for WOW Certification and CIW Designer Certification.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|CSC 202||Creative Design||3|
|VCP 116||Digital Imaging I||2|
|VCP 117||Digital Imaging II||2|
|VCP 118||Digital Imaging III||4|
|VCP 119||Digital Imaging IV||4|
|VCP 136||Multimedia Production I||4|
|VCP 144||Web Design I - Design Fundamentals||3|
|VCP 244||Web Development||3|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Produce an appealing visual product based on project goals and limitations of the web based medium.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the elements and principles of design to projects and during critical discussions.
- Utilize industry standard hardware and software to produce content that is viewable on both past and current technology.
- Develop intermediate-level code that is appropriate for web and multimedia presentations.
- Problem-solve issues related to the visual and technical components of publishing web specific content.
- Produce a portfolio of work that makes them marketable in the job market.