If you want a career in transportation and logistics, or are looking to increase your skills, consider Cecil College's Mid-Atlantic Transportation & Logistics Institute (MATLI). We have the programs and partnerships in place to help you succeed. MATLI offers licensures, job-specific certifications, and degree programs that are required to maximize your earning potential in today's global economy. Many students are eligible for financial assistance.
Does Cecil have articulation agreements?
Cecil has an articulation agreement with the University of Delaware in Operations Management.
What is new?
We now have programs in government contracting and logistics, and offer online courses in logistics, supply chain management, and warehousing. We also work with industry leaders to create customized professional development programs for their employees.
What careers will I be prepared for?
Through your MATLI education, you will be prepared for the following careers:
- Federal Contract Specialist—Manages and leads acquisitions and procurement for the federal government and Government Support Contractors
- Customer Service Agent—Processes orders and responds to customer inquiries; updates account records; interacts with vendors and suppliers
- Warehouse Specialist—Operates forklift; handles materials; processes orders; utilizes inventory technology
- Supply Chain Manager—Coordinates the movement of raw materials and finished products between vendors, company facilities, and customers; participates in carrier negotiations and selections in both the public and private sectors
- Driver/Courier—Operates motor vehicles on public highways
- Cargo Agent—Coordinates shipping orders; manages delivery timelines; tracks shipments
- Administrator—Directs, administers, and manages all aspects of office operations
- Director of Transportation and Logistics—Strategizes, implements, and oversees logistics and transportation operations at the corporate level
- Vice President of Transportation/Distribution/Logistics—Spearheads logistics planning, financing, and decision making
If you're looking to develop your employees, we'll help you customize professional development programs in areas such as:
- Supply chain management
- Transportation law
- Leadership development
- Technical skills for specific jobs like forklift operator or flagger
We've worked with a variety of industry leaders—from Amtrak and UPS to Burris Logistics and IKEA—to meet their employee-training needs. We've also trained commercial vehicle examiners for the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. You can trust us to deliver high-quality training in a cost-effective way.