Cecil College provides several options for our students to study, relax, or grab a bite to eat while on campus.
Student Lounges & Spaces
- Student Lounge
- Located on the first floor of the Technology Center (Bldg. D), this is a community space available for students to gather, study, eat, watch TV, or just relax. The APG Federal Credit Union at Cecil College is also located here.
- The Roost Recreation Lounge
- Located in the Technology Center (Bldg. D) in room D316, The Roost provides a designated campus location for the entire College community to socialize, network, and engage in recreational activities. The Roost is open Monday–Thursday, 8 am – 8 pm, and Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- Veterans and Service Members Lounge
- The lounge is located on the third floor of the Technology Center (Bldg. D) in room D301. This is a great place for our veteran and service member students to study or meet other veterans on campus.
- Prayer, Reflection, and Meditation Rooms
- This space has been provided for Cecil College students and employees of all religious viewpoints or none, to use for private prayer, peaceful contemplation, meditation, or healthy quiet time. Locations include Technology Center (Bldg. D) room D411 on the North East campus, and room 334 on the Elkton Station campus.
- Zen Den
Located in the Student Life suite, Technology Center (Bldg. D), room D114, the Zen Den offers the following services to students:
- Relaxation – Space can be used for meditation, prayer, relaxing respite, etc.
- Lactation Room – Furnished with a comfy chair along with hand sanitizer and magazines, the door can be locked and a sign posted for room in use for additional privacy.
- Food Pantry – For those experiencing food insecurity, grab-and-go options as well as take home boxed and canned goods are available.
The Zen Den is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. For more information on any services, please email email@example.com.
- Library Privacy Pod
- Located on the second floor of the Community Cultural Center (Bldg. A) in the Library, the privacy pod is available as a lactation space or for quiet study. It is furnished with a comfy chair, table, and outlets. Door can be locked and a sign posted for room in use for additional privacy. The Privacy Pod is available during open Library hours.
- Student Life Office
- Provides a device charging station, campus resource and activities information, board games, and much more!
- Lactation Room
- In addition to the lactation spaces available in the Zen Den and Library on the North East campus, there is a designated lactation room at Elkton Station in room ES341. It is furnished with a comfy chair along with hand sanitizer and magazines. The door can be locked and a sign posted for room in use for additional privacy.
Do you need a place to study or take an online class? Visit our full list of iStudy Spots on campus.
Barnes and Noble Bookstore Cafe
An assortment of hot and cold food options that meet a variety of dietary needs are available at the College Bookstore on the first floor of the Technology Building on the North East campus. Hours of operation are listed on the Bookstore page. Dining areas are available in the Technology Center Student Lounge.
Additional Food Options
- Food Trucks
- Full schedule is posted in bi-weekly student eblasts.
- Vending Machines and Microwaves
Vending machines are available for snacks and beverages (cash or debit/credit card) in each building on the North East and Elkton Station campuses. In addition, microwaves are available in the following locations if you choose to bring your own meals:
- Physical Education Building (Building E, North East Campus): first floor vending
- Engineering and Math Building (Building G, North East Campus): first floor vending
- Technology Center (Building D, North East Campus): first floor, Student Lounge
- Microwaves at Elkton Station are located in the vending areas on each floor
APG Federal Credit Union
Created as a unique, new partnership between a community college and a credit union, the APGFCU collegiate branch offers services to the Cecil College community and all local customers. Beyond providing students with easy access to banking services, APGFCU fulfills its mission to make financial education an empowering part of every member’s life by partnering with Cecil College’s faculty to bring expert advice and real-world experience into the classroom. The branch is the site of growing partnerships with cybersecurity, marketing and, of course, finance classes.