Get a jump-start on college—think Cecil College in your high school years.
As you're scheduling your classes, include Cecil College in your plan. Opportunities are available to give you a jump-start on a college education through Cecil College in your high school, on our campus, or online.
Opportunities for High School Students
Cecil College offers courses on-site at local high schools during the regular school day to students age 16 and older. Cecil College offers a College Bound Scholarship for these courses.
Gifted and Talented Program
Students under age 16, who have completed 7th grade or the equivalent and are designated as gifted and talented, may enroll in Cecil credit courses. Cecil courses taken are not available at the high schools.
Qualified students age 16 or older may enroll in Cecil College courses concurrent with their high school studies. Cecil College offers a College Bound Scholarship for these courses.
High school students have the opportunity to satisfy secondary school requirements while also receiving Cecil College credit. This requires prior approval from both the student’s high school and Cecil College.
- Cecil College offers the CCPS to CECIL Dual Enrollment Scholarship for Cecil County Public School (CCPS) students, related to Memorandum of Understanding for Dual Enrollment with CCPS and Maryland Blueprint.
- Cecil College offers a College Bound Scholarship for other high school students such as homeschool, private school, out of state, or other Maryland County students.
High School students may waive all or part of their senior year, enroll in courses at Cecil College, and still graduate with their high school class. Cecil College offers a College Bound Scholarship for these courses.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Program
Students enrolled in the STEM program of Cecil County Public Schools (CCPS) may enroll in designated courses at Cecil College during their junior and/or senior year of high school. Eligible students receive a waiver for two-thirds of the in-county tuition rate in effect for the semester.
Other available options include summer courses and Early College Academy.
How to Apply
Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
It’s never too early to start saving to help pay for a college education. Learn more about Cecil College’s financial aid services and our scholarship resources that can help support your need to be successful.
College Bound Scholarship
Cecil College offers a College Bound Scholarship. Eligible students will pay one-half the regular in-county tuition rate in effect for the semester based upon their residency. College Bound Scholarship participants must meet the following requirements:
- be at least 16 years of age or approved for Gifted and Talented admissions;
- possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above if a senior, or a 3.0 or above if not yet a senior;
- be enrolled in one of the public high schools in Cecil County or a high school approved by the College President; and
- be certified by the high school as meeting the eligibility requirements.
CCPS to CECIL Dual Enrollment Scholarship
The CCPS to CECIL Dual Enrollment Scholarship is for CCPS students who are enrolled in Cecil College classes that satisfy high school graduation requirements.
CCPS to CECIL Scholarship participants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age or approved for Gifted and Talented admissions;
- High school seniors must possess a 2.5 or above grade point average, all other students must possess a 3.0 or above grade point average;
- Be certified by the high school as meeting the eligibility requirements.
To learn more about our opportunities for high school students, the enrollment process, the College Bound Scholarship, and the CCPS to CECIL Scholarship, please contact the Admissions Office.