Services We Provide
- Career Advising
- A career advisor can help you gather information on careers that fit your interests, skills, and values and help you develop short and long term goals.
- Current Job Listing
- See a list of jobs currently available in the area.
- The Career Resource Center
- Stop by the Career Resource Center to gain information about occupations, job searching, college majors, salaries, and career trends.
- Resume Writing and Interview Skills
Come in to get feedback on a current resume or let us help you create a new one. We can also help you prepare for an interview by reviewing various interviewing techniques.
Big Interview is an online resource that combines training and practice to help improve interview techniques and build confidence. To register, students must use their Cecil College email address.
Students have at their disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
- Job Search Assistance
- We can help you with all aspects of your job search. Work with a career advisor to help you develop your plan. Post your resume and search for jobs on our online job posting system.
- Online Career Planning Tools
- Use Career Cruising to gain information about various careers, explore majors, and complete a resume. Contact a career advisor at (410) 287-1000 for assistance.
- We act as a liaison between Cecil College students and faculty at the college/local employers to give students the opportunity for valuable on-the-job experience in their field of study.
Internships & Work Experience
Whether you're a student looking to get some experience, or a faculty member or employer with an opportunity to provide a student with a work experience, we can help. Be sure to fill out our request form and we'll get in touch with further details.
If you're a student that's interested in our intern program, check out answers to frequently asked questions.
Faculty members of Cecil College and employers interested in hiring a student intern should refer to our Internship Guidelines & Steps to get tips and steps on how to have a successful internship experience.
Career Services Location and Hours
The Career Services Center is located on the North East Campus on the first floor of the Technology Center, room 103, and is open during the following hours:
|Days||Hours||Type of Hours|
|Monday–Friday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm||On-site & Virtual|
Evening hours are available by appointment as well.