Cecil College provides transfer information designed to assist students in making an easy transition into a four-year baccalaureate institution. All students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisors to determine the appropriate program of study and course selection for transfer.
Steps to Transfer
- Seek advice from your academic advisor to identify colleges and universities that offer your selected major and develop a transfer plan.
- Attend transfer fairs and events at Cecil College to speak with representatives from four-year baccalaureate institutions.
The College has entered into several formalized articulation agreements with four-year institutions throughout the state of Maryland and the region. Articulation agreements provide the opportunity for students to enter into program-to-program transfer agreements, or course-to-course equivalencies, with partnering institutions.
The Articulation System for Maryland Colleges and Universities (ARTSYS) Recommended Transfer Programs
ARTSYS is intended to assist students with the transfer process from community colleges to participating four-year institutions in Maryland. Students may review the recommended transfer programs for several majors at the following partnering institutions:
- Bowie State University
- Capitol Technology University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Goucher College
- Hood College
- McDaniel College
- Morgan State University
- Mount St. Mary’s University
- Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Salisbury University
- St. Marys College of Maryland
- Stevenson University
- Towson University
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland Global Campus (Formerly UMUC)
- Washington College
Student Guide to Transfer Among Maryland Colleges & Universities
The Maryland Higher Education Commission provides detailed information related to transferring to colleges and universities in Maryland, including steps to a successful transfer. For more information, please review the Student Guide to Transfer Among Maryland Colleges & Universities and the Transfer Policies and Student Guide to Transfer Among Maryland Colleges and Universities.