About the Program
The 3-hour alcohol and drug education program (AKA Safe & Sober) is a three-hour class required by the Maryland MVA for drivers who have a valid driver's license from another country and want to apply for a Maryland driver's license.
A certificate is issued to the student after successful completion of the in-person class.
Steps for Completing the 3-Hour Alcohol and Drug Education Program (Safe & Sober)
Part One: Register with Cecil College
- Register online. Students registering for this class must be able to provide a social security number on the registration form.
- After registering, watch for an email titled "Account Activation" from email@example.com. Student accounts are activated during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Part Two: Upload Documents to the Student Portal
- Use the link, username, and password provided in the email you receive to access your student portal.
Once logged in to the student portal, you must upload and submit current and valid documentation of the following:
- A picture of your valid out of country driver's license and international license if you have one and a current and valid Green Card that has not expired (proof of permanent resident status); or
- A current and valid Visa along with the corresponding current and valid I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (international students may enroll in courses within the start/stop dates of the valid I-94).