Degree Code: SOGC
Number of Credits: 18
This certificate provides high quality, hands-on, career education in designing computer and video games for learning, simulations, and gaming. The certificate helps students prepare for transfer to four-year colleges and universities in an open access, optimal learning environment for students’ educational development.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|VCP 218||Modeling and Animation I||4|
|EGL 101||Freshman Composition||3|
|EGL 211||Technical Writing||3|
|VCP 116||Digital Imaging I||2|
|VCP 117||Digital Imaging II||2|
|VCP 136||Multimedia Production I||4|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Vocalize and document critical remarks in regards to a project's quality, aesthetics, and basic requirements.
- Develop a production process to complete consistent quality designs in an appropriate amount of time.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of industry standard hardware and software to produce aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Produce two-dimensional and three-dimensional content that is optimized for animation, film, or interactive media.
- Develop basic to intermediate-level computer code that is appropriate for multimedia and interactive presentations.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates solid foundational art skills as well as intermediate-level technical knowledge.