Degree Code: VIPC
Number of Credits: 20
This certificate provides high quality, hands-on, career education in television, film, documentary, industrial, and commercial video production. The program helps students prepare for initial employment and career advancement. This is accomplished in an open access, optimal learning environment for students’ educational, cultural, and economic development.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|VCP 101||Photography I||4|
|VCP 111||Studio Photography I||4|
|VCP 210||Video Production I||4|
|VCP 212||Video Production II||4|
|VCP 214||Video Production III||4|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate preproduction, direction, production, postproduction, and distribution of narrative, documentary, and commercial videos.
- Perform the duties of various technical crew positions in single and multi-camera production environments.
- Explain and demonstrate knowledge of video preproduction techniques by preparing preproduction materials for video productions.
- Operate video production lighting, cameras and sound equipment according to industry standards.
- Utilize post-production video techniques to edit digital video projects with graphics, picture, sound, and editing.