To qualify for financial aid monies, the following Department of Education requirements must be met. Eligible students must:
- Meet citizenship requirements. Students must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service (men).
- Be admitted into an eligible program of study working toward a certificate or degree.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Not be in default on a federal education loan.
- Show demonstrated financial need by completing the FAFSA.
- Have a high school diploma, GED®, or have completed state-regulated home schooling; can also not be enrolled in elementary or high school and college at the same time.