Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students must apply each year for financial aid. There are two parts to the application process:
- Students and parents (if dependent) need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) in order to complete the FAFSA. Apply online at studentaid.gov.
- Apply for the FAFSA by completing the online application.
Generally, the FSA ID can be applied for during the FAFSA application process. Those wishing to apply ahead of time can do so using the link above. The FSA ID will count as your electronic signature on the FAFSA and other Department of Education websites/processes. In order to have your FAFSA sent to Cecil College, you will need to enter our Federal School code on your FAFSA. Cecil College’s School Code is 008308.
Upon successful processing of your FAFSA, the Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) and will forward your FAFSA to all the schools you listed. It takes approximately one week for Cecil College to get your FAFSA after it has been processed by the Department of Education.
To ensure comprehensive consideration for all types of aid, follow these basic guidelines:
- Apply early to be considered for all types: federal, state, and college aid.
- Know the deadline. March 1st is the priority deadline for most Maryland State Scholarships and April 30th is the deadline for Cecil College Foundation Scholarships.
- Provide all documents promptly that are requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Only courses that count towards approved and declared program(s) of study will count towards enrolled hours for a semester.
You should contact the Financial Aid Office directly with any and all questions. We can be reached by phone at (410) 287-1003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.